This last weekend marked 5 years for us.
We talked about going out of town, and then Chris said if we go out of town, we aren't taking any kids. So I worked out some plans to go to California, but prices were way to high for gas and what not. SO we decided to just go to Phoenix. Both our parents offered to help with the kids, but my sister had a baby shower in Tucson Saturday, so Chris' Mom watched all three of our boys from Friday afternoon through Saturday.
We started off looking at model homes for a builder that some old co-workers now work for, David Weekly Homes. We loved the movie theatre/projector room!! that would be fun!!
Then we went to the church book store and bought some children's picture scripture stories for the boys. (and we have read them every night since we gave them to the boys and they love them!) I also bought a book called, "Strangling Your Husband is NOT an Option." Chris was embarrassed to be with me while I was buying it. lol BUT it is not a bash on the husband at all. BUT rather it is a VERY PRACTICAL guide to EVALUATING YOURSELF as A WIFE. Plus some other stuff about husbands...lol BUT mostly, (so far in the first two chapters) it talks about ways to improve your relationship as husband and wife. :) Good stuff. I thought it very appropriate to talk about our relationship as husband and wife on our anniversary.
We went to the temple after that and it was SO SO SO nice to not have to rush out to pick up the kids.
We went to check into the hotel that Chris said was some bargain cheapo hotel, and he surprised me with taking me to THE POINTE HILTON at SQUAW PEAK. It is a VERY nice FAMILY RESORT.

After we dropped off all of our stuff we decided we really wanted to eat at the Olive Garden.
We went back to the hotel and decided to play some miniature golf at the water/sports area they had there. Chris won by 17. I was pretty off...BUT the next day, I wasn't and I won by 9. Not as good as his 17, but still, I did good! Chris got 3 hole-in-one 's. One Fri night and two Sat. morning. We should have done one more game...BUT we needed to go shopping.
Saturday we hung out in the lazy river and the miniature golf course. Then we went shopping. Chris let me buy some much needed clothes. It was fun, and I still can't get over how popular bermuda shorts are!! IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE to find cute modest shorts when I was younger. I can't get over how many choices there are out there now! Chris bought me pants, shorts and even let me pick out some new shirts. I don't have to wear my holy jeans anymore. :)
We headed back to Chris' Mom's house and picked up our boys and decided we really need to do this more often. We never leave the boys. And I have only left Nathan one other time for more than a few hours. It was a GREAT ANNIVERSARY.
THANKS BABE! I LOVE YOU!!


7 comments:
Happy anniversary! Sounds like you guys had fun. Any of the Resorts in Phoenix are great but that lazy river sounds like a lot of fun.
What a fun anniversary! Can you believe how fast it's gone?
Someone got me that book (Strangling your husband...)for our wedding and I was thinking, "I need this ALREADY??"Haha...but you're right. It has some good stuff in there. I should probably read some more stuff in there! Anyway, glad you guys had a good time. I had fun playing with the boys out there in Buckeye.
Happy Anniversary! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies! It sounds like you had a fun trip! Our anniversary is next week (Friday the 13th again!) We love you guys!
Hey Girl.... glad you found me. Crystal created this blog for me and I initially only wrote stuff on it for Karla to laugh at. I think blogs are cool to read if someone has cute kids to write about. I apologize that I have a blog and no kids. :)
How are things? How are the boys? I liked reading the comments from them. What characters. I got married in April and we are getting ready to move to LA in a few weeks....Crazy :)
Good to hear from you,
Liz
:)
what a nice anniversary! and yes the bermuda shorts are so great! I hope they always stay in style.
Post a Comment