Monday November 24th we had the anatomy ultrasound. Chris took the day off and we took all the boys with us as well. (Afterwards they chose to go to the Air and Space Museum and as always they loved every minute of it!)
When the nurse was moving over the baby Chris and I both looked at each other and said
"it's a boy."
She showed us the heart beat, the spine, the stomach, etc... then she asked if we wanted to know the gender. I told her we were both pretty sure we saw boy parts but to show us anyhow.
(THANK YOU EMILY!!!)
I think I definitely see a trend in my favorites. (the colorful rainbow one is something I would have worn growing up, loud and fun.) I have yet to venture much in the girl aisles at the stores, so I think now we have gone through some I can start browsing.
SO, I was going to scan the baby pictures. But I thought this would be fun.
Can you tell what we are having?
When the nurse was moving over the baby Chris and I both looked at each other and said
"it's a boy."
She showed us the heart beat, the spine, the stomach, etc... then she asked if we wanted to know the gender. I told her we were both pretty sure we saw boy parts but to show us anyhow.
First thing she showed us was that the umbilical cord was right between our little girl's legs.
I am not really the giddy type, and I don't really know how to explain how I feel. Of course we are happy, I just really thought we were having a boy I guess...cause it hasn't really set in still. We haven't bought anything for her. And today a friend emailed me asking if we would like some girl clothes she no longer needed. I said I have nothing, so I would love anything.
To my surprise she brought the clothes over today.
I think it is setting in a little more. And I was really surprised that Chris wanted to see EVERY PIECE of clothing. I think he is excited. :)
He even had a favorite. It makes me excited to see him excited.
I think it is funny, I love looking at the girl clothes, and I am so thankful for themI am not really the giddy type, and I don't really know how to explain how I feel. Of course we are happy, I just really thought we were having a boy I guess...cause it hasn't really set in still. We haven't bought anything for her. And today a friend emailed me asking if we would like some girl clothes she no longer needed. I said I have nothing, so I would love anything.
To my surprise she brought the clothes over today.
I think it is setting in a little more. And I was really surprised that Chris wanted to see EVERY PIECE of clothing. I think he is excited. :)
He even had a favorite. It makes me excited to see him excited.
(THANK YOU EMILY!!!)
I think I definitely see a trend in my favorites. (the colorful rainbow one is something I would have worn growing up, loud and fun.) I have yet to venture much in the girl aisles at the stores, so I think now we have gone through some I can start browsing.
SO, I was going to scan the baby pictures. But I thought this would be fun.
Can you tell what we are having?


25 comments:
HOORAY!!!!! How wonderful! My night is complete I can now go to bed with a smile on my face;)
Oh my goodness I am so excited for you guys. How much fun. She will really have to be tough following those 3 boys.
How exciting! Girls are great!
This girl is going to have very 3 older protective brothers. Watch out Sweet Sixteen!
Way excited to watch both of you adjust!
Congratulations!! Sounds like loads of fun! Last night I had a dream that I had a baby and it was literally a girl version of Nathan--it was funny!
Meghan
Meghan...
with the Carbonneau genes...I have no doubt my girls will look just like my boys, lol.
I know Steven is taller and built different than Chris, BUT Steven and Chris do look like brothers, and I have a feeling your dream may not have been far off. ;) Thanks for your comment! It made me chuckle too, cause it is SO POSSIBLE. But hey, chubby babies are so cute! (I am guessing that is why it looked like Naters?)
Girls ROCK! You will be amazed at the difference between your girl and your boys, even at just a few months old. I am hoping for another girl when the time comes :)
Yeah!!! I am so excited for you! Girls are so fun to dress:) I don't know too much yet about the difference between the 2 since Ashlyn was first and Lincoln's still young, but I know you are going to love it!
I am so glad to see you FINALLY posted. I have been dying to find out. Congrats on the girl. Girls are great (speaking from experience). We hope to have a boy next (down the road...lol) but I also have clothes (a ton) that if you want, let me know. You can never have too many clothes for girls. Have fun with decorating and getting girls things. It's addicting. Thanks for finally posting :)
Congrats on a girl!! It is so nice to have another female around. I'm so excited for you guys.
I didn't even know you were expecting again! That's pretty exciting. Congrats! From my experience, girls are so fun and sweet. :)
I was thinking about how you told me you were kind of trying to figure out "what to do" with a girl, but you're already ahead of *my* abilities, and I have a girl! :) You know how to do all sorts of fun stuff with her hair, and you showed me how to make those headbands and bows... Your daughter is so lucky to have such an arts & crafts/ creative mom like you! (and then there's her grandmas! Cathy and Mom are so talented!)
Joey emailed me the news as soon as he got to work that Tuesday! We can't wait to meet the boys' baby sister come April.
Yeah!! Congratulations!! I personally think every one should get at least one of each gender! I'm glad you're getting your girl!!
Yay!! How fun! We are so happy for you guys. I think that is cute that Chris wanted to see all of the girl clothes!! Your little girl is going to be well taken care of with 3 older brothers watching out for her!! Congrats!
I'm so excited for you guys! If she is even HALF as cute as your boys you are in trouble!
How fun!!!! Congratulations!!!!enersI'm still not sure which is easier - boys or girls. Let me know what you think!
I am soooooo excited for you!! Congrats! You are so lucky to have gotten 3 beautiful boys and now a girl!!! Boys are so much fun. Your little girl is going to LOVE having 3 older brothers watching out for her. That is so great! Do you have a name picked out?
I'm sooo happy I get another neice! Maybe Rebekah started the trend again, after all those boys! Well, Congrats.
<3 Mic
Congrats! Chris will spoil her from the sounds of things already.
Super exciting Kati!! Congrats!!
We are so excited for you! She's going to be one tough little girl with 3 big brothers!
Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you, you'll love having a little princess and all the emotions that go along with that!! We're pretty excited to have a boy, but not sure about all the destruction that I'm sure will accompany him. Thanks for the link, I'm so glad we're able to reconnect.
Hey Kati I found your blog off of Jonna's and thought I would say hello. I cannot believe how big your boys have gotten and you have 3! I am so excited for you to have a girl. Chris and I have an 18 month old daughter and she is so fun.
Post a Comment