Chris and I met 10 years ago, September 25th, 1999. We met on a blind date when we were both Seniors in High School. Two really good friends of ours, Jordan John and Cherise (Layton) Glauser had met at EFY, at NAU, that summer. Jordan put together a group date to take Cherise to and they each brought friends and other couples were there as well. He brought along Chris and Cherise brought me. There is a lot more to that story as Chris was a backup as another friend got sick, and so on, but clearly things turned out the way they were supposed to.
Chris and I talked all night. I had so much fun as I told my Mom later that he treated me like a girl; he opened my door for me and I am sure did other things like get my food for me, get chairs for me etc... (always racing for shot gun with my guy buddies was fun, but Chris did a great job making me feel better than that (appreciated? not sure of the right word).
They took us out to Buckeye (which is not only a song, but a long ways away from our North Phoenix/glendale typical hangout) and they cooked hamburgers on a bonfire for us and we took an old jeep four wheeling and got stuck in the river bottom/side (dry) and had to walk a long ways back to camp. We rode in the back of a pick up to get back to Jordan's house (I think that is where we went to play pool), of course stopping to check out a big ole snake on the way, and played Pool, and Who's Most likely Too?, and had a great time.
It is about 45 minutes to get out there and Chris and I talked non stop on the way home. He never got my number but sly Cherise knew I had a great time and later gave my number to Jordan to give to Chris. We would talk for hours on the phone, our second date was a huanted house, and I even asked him to my Homecoming for our third date!
I had a lot of fun going on dates with that group from Buckeye. They came up with fun things to do. I think living way out in the middle of no where, (or at least it was then!) helped with the creativity. And Chris had a large group of really good guy friends. I only hope we can get everyone together more often in the future.
We made an attempt to get everyone together this summer to catch up and a few of the guys came with their families. Next time I think we will try camping or paintball or another activity, but it was good to sit and talk and have a BBQ to just hang out for the first attempt. Thanks Mom Carbonneau for letting us have the first get together at your place! I think she thought it was so weird to see all these boys grown up but loved seeing Chris' friends too.
My only regret is not getting the camera out sooner. The kids were getting a little restless by the time I got the camera out and people were heading out the door when we jumped in for a quick shot, it won't look so prom posed next time, I promise!
Sheri and Jordan with Tessa, Maci and Cooper

Like father like son
and our crazy crew. Thank you guys so much, it was so good to catch up with everyone!!


1 comment:
Hello! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I know that was months ago, so I apologize for the delay. I have darling 4 month old distraction to blame for it. :)
But I passed your sweet words along to my sister. Your family is adorable and I am sure lucky to have you there to do document everything as a videographer. Great to hear from yoU!
Post a Comment