Today has been full of little tender mercies that really keep me going!!
I hated to admit all week that we are potty training, because, quite frankly, I really didn't expect it to last. Brelee has shown a few signs of being ready, so I thought we would test out the waters. Monday was day one, and each day since she showed me ONE TIME that it was worth it, and I shoudn't quite give up.
Yesterday, she had an accident EVERY SINGLE TIME she needed to go...but once, and that one time she even told me herself that she needed to go. So we continued on today, and guess what?!? She only had ONE ACCIDENT (and it was dinner time!), and the rest of the day she told me every time she needed to go, including number 2...TWICE! It was like she was an old pro.
Now, this isn't me thinking we are done, or that tomorrow will be perfect. Maybe tomorrow will be like yesterday. But that's okay. Today was GREAT. I told her we could go to the library if she stayed dry and went in the potty. I was really hoping we could go to story time at 10:30. Well, 10:00 came around and she was still dry and she announced she had to go, and WENT. So we packed up and headed to the library.
Where I got to see another little tender mercy.

Seriously?!? how cute are my kids?!?! Nathan and Brelee are such good friends, I LOVE IT.
oh! did I mention she has picked up a temper tantrum monster attitude lately, and for 4 days straight she either threw up or heaved like she was going to throw up at bedtime for attention? to get out of bed? and last night was the fit of all fits!!! minus the barf (we ended that by handing her a bowl and telling her to stay in bed and puke in the bowl, she was ticked).
Well, tonight, she went to bed, no tears. HAPPY MAMA!!!
it really is the little things :)
***update: day 5, she stays dry at our friends' house and tells me she needs to go, Dad tries to take her but she only wants mommy. She waits while I make my way to the bathroom and she held it like a pro and waited for me.
That previous night she stayed dry and went in the bathroom that morning on her request.
DAY 6: she wakes me at 5:30 am!!! so she can go potty! and she goes! and was dry!! who is this kid?? I love it, but she cracks me up. 5:30 am?? she is wearing a diaper, I don't expect her to stay dry at night right away too (I wouldn't tell her not to though). We go lay down in my bed so I can try to get a few more minutes of sleep. And at 6 am she announces she has to go again. This time, she just had to pass gas. lol she is still learning, and she really wanted to go watch cartoons anyhow. hoping for a good day, yesterday was 50/50. I need another library incentive I guess.
***update: day 5, she stays dry at our friends' house and tells me she needs to go, Dad tries to take her but she only wants mommy. She waits while I make my way to the bathroom and she held it like a pro and waited for me.
That previous night she stayed dry and went in the bathroom that morning on her request.
DAY 6: she wakes me at 5:30 am!!! so she can go potty! and she goes! and was dry!! who is this kid?? I love it, but she cracks me up. 5:30 am?? she is wearing a diaper, I don't expect her to stay dry at night right away too (I wouldn't tell her not to though). We go lay down in my bed so I can try to get a few more minutes of sleep. And at 6 am she announces she has to go again. This time, she just had to pass gas. lol she is still learning, and she really wanted to go watch cartoons anyhow. hoping for a good day, yesterday was 50/50. I need another library incentive I guess.


3 comments:
Marlee is also in the process of potty-training. One of my least favorite tasks as a mother:)
I love that picture of your kids at the library, so sweet.
I'm always surprised at how bad kids tempers can be. It is a good thing they are so cute.
I love the picture! You are such a great mom...love you!
awe... love the pic! they r adorable! Congrats on the potty thing ;)
love you!
Post a Comment