Okay, so I wanted to start this a week or two ago, but better late than never.
Our Stake Presidency at church challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in 6 months. He asked us to pray before reading and to keep a journal of feelings you had while reading or for the kids, they can draw pictures of what they hear or feel as well. We found a fun chart for the kids to fill in. It is for a page a day, but we just color in 3 (well, that's our goal per day at least!) I was SO EXCITED about what the kids drew last night. I wasn't sure Travis was listening so much. But then he drew a very detailed picture of Heavenly Father telling Lehi that Jerusalem would be destroyed. As much as we recapped for the other younger kids we never mentioned that and I love that he was listening. Nathan drew a lot of detail as well and then when we were trying to finish he insisted on drawing the first vision on part of his as well. Wrong story, but hey, we were talking about church :)
I am hoping this goes well. We were told not to worry about quantity or racing, but just doing it daily. I hope we get through it, but if it takes more tha n 6months thats okay too! I hope the kids stay as excited as they were this morning, they got up and did it on their own, but all together! (well nate was asleep and the other 3 read to each other, Wesly even let Brelee repeat words to him, and then they colored together and Travis decided to read ahead as well) like I said day one, lots of excitement, but I have to post it in hopes of having more pressure to keep it up!! :)
Update
7 years ago




1 comment:
I love this idea! I love having a scripture journal for the kids. So fun!! Your kids are adorable!! You'll have to let us know how it goes.
Post a Comment