"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Just hang up on the crazy lady!

Okay, so I am SO MAD at QWEST right now, and I obviously am having a bad day as I started to scream at the phone after I knew I had been hung up on AGAIN!
I am wondering if while I start my schpeel of how complicated my issue is, and that I know they can't help me, but I just want to know the status of my supposedly-being-worked-on-issues, they read some secret message that pops up on my account saying: SHE WON'T GIVE IN, SHE WANTS HER $5 back EVERY MONTH, and trust me, HANG UP ON HER!
We signed up for a "price for life" deal back in Sept of 2006. It was $21.99 for internet . We somehow didn't get signed up for the right thing because for 4 months we had to call each month to get our bill adjusted. FINALLY in Jan of 07 we thought they had fixed the issue, and for ONE YEAR we were billed the correct amount. Jan of 08 our bill once again started to be wrong. But not just by $5 but by more. I called and after over 5 calls, being hung up on, being told they couldn't help me, and being told three or more times that a MANAGER would call me back in 24 -48 and NOT ONCE has a manager EVER called me back, a woman, named Kati, fixed our account. Or so we thought. The next month it was off by $5 again. I called Kati, she helped with what she could, and transfered me to an actual higher person...which everyone else told me they COULD NOT DO. So, the next person told me that they still needed someone higher up to help us. And my account is supposedly being looked at and SOMEONE will call me. BUT what got me, is that she said she would add $30 to my account so that if it isn't fixed IN SIX MONTHS!!!! that we would at least not be off money wise. UHH, RED FLAG!!!! I said that sounds like it would mess up the investigation part of my account more and if she could just credit $5 to the account and $5 more for maybe next month, then I would continue to call on a monthly basis, but HOPEFULLY it wouldn't even take 1 month, let alone 6months!!!!! to fix a simple issue of giving me what my account records CLEARLY STATE that I signed up for in SEPTEMBER of TWO-THOUSAND and SIX.
Lately I have received a call from qwest almost daily. NOT to fix my account. But for a FREE account review. I politely assure them they cannot help me, that someone called me yesterday (or in one case only a few hours earlier) and that I would like to be transfered to the billing specialist. (Well, twice I requested this, the other times I told them I already talked to someone.) BUT those two times I requested someone. The first time I got Virginia, or Victoria, and she was so hard to hear I kept asking her to repeat herself, and she hung up on me. Just a few minutes ago, I got Doug. I started into my schpeel, the boys came over begging for more apples, I said excuse me, and when I started talking again, I got no response....so I yelled COME ON!!!!! THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! The operator said, if you would like to make a call, please hang up and call again.........


THERE MUST BE A SIGN ON MY ACCOUNT: SHE IS CRAZY, JUST HANG UP.


so, what would you do?

thanks for letting me vent, this was theraputic, I now am going to pick up Chris at the bus stop and hopefully my inner road rage will stay calm as the beast in me is striving to call up Qwest and ask for their complaint department and verbally throw up all over someone that probably will hang up on me. (disclaimer, I wouldn't do it, and I am very polite on the phone, and if there is a complaint department I feel sorry for that person because they must take A LOT for the team.) :)

6 comments:

Staci said...

Oh Kati I love you! I'm so glad that someone else gets frustrated sometimes like I do! Trust me, we have had many issues with different companies too but there is really no easy way to solve it! I always threaten that if they don't fix my problem that I will take my business elsewhere. I don't know if that is an option for you with quest but I'd defnitely try it. When we had problems with Cox we told them that, and we were totally serious, and they fixed it and we haven't had any issues since then. I hope things get better! Good luck!
-Staci

Meghan Carbonneau said...

Kati, If true emotions could be recorded, I would want to record yours during that entire thing. Sorry to say, but I was busting up laughing while I was reading your post! It's just so funny that you got mad...and hung up on...TWICE! I used to have problems with Alltel not putting my name and SSN on my dads account and I would tell the person "I'm not leaving until you transfer me to someone" if they say they can't I say "Well I will hold you on the phone until you learn how to". They give you the employee ID and stuff so you can complain if they do hang up. Anyway, good luck with it all (Steven)

Carbonneau said...

Steven, It is almost funny how many names and CUID#'s I have written down. I need to get it all put on one piece of paper and keep a journal everytime someone calls me from Qwest I should add their name and # to the list...It would be interesting. I am going to try to go in to an actual "SOLUTIONS CENTER" today at Tucson mall. I will have all three sick kids with me, they better feel sorry for me!! HA HA

britney said...

thats funny. sounds like something my sister n law is going thru w/ qwest. lol - it ok to yell at the phone sometimes! i work on the phone all day, and its frustrating, especially being on hold too long and getting h/u on!!

Molly said...

I would sign up with a different internet provider. Even if it costs $5 more per month, you know you'll get better service and a consistent bill. Stop dealing with them. It will make you crazy!

Kenny said...

Qwest always just does what I tell them to do. But I'm a pretty mean person. d^_~b