"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Monday, July 21, 2008

7.16.08 Funeral, Luncheon, Birthday.

My Grandpa Pike passed away on Saturday July 12th, 2008. He had had Alzheimer's for about 5 years, that I can remember off the top of my head. He is an amazing man and has left a wonderful legacy behind. Mostly his good example and his wonderful family. He has 7 children, 33 grandchildren, and I think 20 great grandchildren (and I think 4 on the way). Almost my whole family made it to the funeral, (my poor sister Elizabeth is about to have a baby, so she and her husband weren't able to make it.). My Grandma took care of my Grandpa the whole time he was sick. It took a lot of work and I know Grandpa was hard to take care of but this is only a small part of what makes Grandma so amazing!
We started of with a funeral service at the chapel and my aunts and uncles and my Dad all gave an account of my grandfather's life. I loved to hear more stories about his life and most I could recall hearing from my Grandpa himself. We went to the gravesite then came back to the chapel for a luncheon where we took a few family pics. We had a great time celebrating Grandpa's life and my nephew Gideon had his first birthday that day as well.




All of my siblings and nieces and nephews and my parents, except Liz and Daryn.My Grandma Pike, and my Dad w/ siblings.

Happy Birthday Gideon! The cake was DElicious! I loved it! I wish I had a picture of his big sister Audrey and his big brother Brennan blowing out the candles for him! It was so cute they jumped right in!

1 comment:

Pike's Place said...

Thank you so much for the pictures, Kati! Jer and I were so heartbroken to miss the funeral. I'm glad there was such a great turnout -- what a legacy to sweet Grandpa Pike!