"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Thursday, July 3, 2008

News worthy

Last week we went to a ribbon cutting ceremony for the opening of a new intersection/road by our house. This picture was in the newspaper this week. They gave out cookies and snow cones and free bike helmets. Wesly rode his bike there (well from the parking lot by the park to the tent where the event was taking place) and Travis rode his scooter. This was clearly taken right before Travis dumped all the snow cone syrup down his front. They are sitting by Sydney, who is a girl in Wesly's primary class. Her family saw the tent on the way home from swim lessons and stopped by. We are glad they did because Wesly really enjoys Sydney's company.

A little while ago we were playing at Gladden Farms Park and Wesly got his picture taken, with his friend Noah, for the same newspaper. They were doing an article about the opening of the Heritage Park near the playground and ball fields that are already there.

Last night Chris went fishing with the Deacon's group. Our boys were restless, so I took them to the park and brought a baseball tee, a bat, and some baseballs. I think they caught on pretty quick the the whole hit-run-and don't let me tag you with the ball idea. It is kind of hard with two toddlers and one adult to get the whole idea of the game...but they were crying when I told them it was time to go, so at least they had fun!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a little celebrity! I love Travis' expression, he looks pretty enamored with Sydney too.

Pike's Place said...

Jayce has a friend named Sydney, too. Eerie. :) I'm glad you had such fun!

Denae said...

When Sydney is talking to any of our family on the phone she immediately tells them she was in the paper with her friends Travis (not her brother) and Wesly. I'm not even sure she knows what the newspaper really is, but mom and dad got excited, so it must be neat. Was the picture on the slides in the paper, too? That's a pretty cool picture.