Last weekend we started Friday night off with soccer and let me tell you, it hasn't been as bad as I thought leaving all three kids on the sidelines, hoping someone will watch them. I have always gotten distracted and we have such great teammates, they have really been keeping an eye on the kids when we are both on the field. PLUS Nathan just seems to love being outside, and he doesn't mind the port-a-crib now and then.
Saturday we wanted to clean house and get ready to host dinner Sunday after Rebekah's Blessing (Liz and Daryn live close and their apartment was too small to really fit 5 extra people, let alone 25 people). :)
BUT instead of really getting the inside done like we wanted I ended up laboring in the front yard for more than 3 hours wrestling a pile of (SUPER POKY) mesquite branches into three garbage cans and my AWESOME husband spent the entire three hours pulling our neighbor's weeds. It sounds a little backwards, but trust me, I think I had the easier job. I even broke two loppers (ours and Cherise's...Sorry Cherise!) and I am crossing my fingers that the trash man will pick the trash up (as the lids are not able to close and they probably have a lot of water in them because it rained last night!!!! go figure)
Once we got inside we had to run some errands, so we really started cleaning inside about 4 pm. :/ At least downstairs was clean.
Sunday was enjoyable. Except that When I got Nathan out of bed to change him into church clothes, he was covered in dry puke. Head to toe, and so were his sheets. I figured he ate too much watermelon Sat. night and lost his cookies in the middle of the night. So no second thoughts, we went to Elizabeth and Daryn's ward down in Tucson.
BTW...While I was in the foyer with Nathan squawking up a storm, he let go of a side table and took three steps to me!! He will be walking soon I am sure!
(Nathan is pounding on the walls to tell me he is ready to get out of the crib now. :) He is always so happy!)
Okay, after sacrament we plan on staying for the whole block and Chris decides he wants to make it back to our own ward for the last hour. So we head to Marana and I thought it would be interupting to take the kids to their classes half way through...so Chris took us home and he went to the las part of church. I only mention this because I am very glad we didn't go to church and contaminate all the kids 4 and under!!
We had about 25 people over for a wonderful dinner and desert. My parents, some of my siblings, Elizabeth's in-laws and some of her friends came over. My Grandma Pike was visiting my parents so she and the Brooke's (cousins) all came as well.
After everyone left, I felt aweful...and I thought maybe I over did it on Mom's awesome homemade salsa...I went to sleep on the couch about 7pm. And lost my dinner about 2 am.
The trend continued with Monday night Travis waking up about 2 am and had thrown up all over his bed.
Wesly, thank goodness, was able to tell me he didn't feel good. "My throat hurts." "I have a cough." "Feel my head, see, I have a small fever."
So what have we been doing while we all got sick on different days?
Playing Computer Games, and the Wii.
Chris even let me open up a present he originally bought me for Christmas and last night we all tested out the WiiFit. After 10 minutes me shins were already feeling it!! So I really think it is going to be fun AND EFFECTIVE!!
So, that's what we have been doing for almost a week now. Hope everyone else has had it better. (AND I FEEL HORRIBLE TO EVERYONE WHO ALSO GOT SICK FROM BEING AT OUR HOUSE..i.e MY WHOLE FAMILY!!!!) :( This bug was nasty contagious and was not fun.


10 comments:
Aw, I'm sorry to hear everyone was or still is sick! I don't think I could handle someone throwing up on me! You're one tough cookie! You'll have to let me know how the Wii Fit is. I've seen it before but never known if it was any good or not! Hope you feel better! --Meghan
And in response to your comment, of course we're going to dress the part! Steven was the one saying we'd have to get some pajamas and slippers and stuff :o) He's funny. Anyway, you'll definitely have to do it with the kids when they're older. I'm sure they'd love it. We just got the train ride and then we'll just stay in a hotel in flagstaff probably.
I was wondering when you would post again! Thanks again for your house, we really appreciated it! I also managed to not puke and I'm feeling better. Daryn doesn't seem phased AT ALL, and Rebekah has only increased her amount of sleep, so I'm not really complaining! :) Esp since she seems fine other than taking much longer naps.
I'm sorry about all the sickness you've had to deal with. I hope everyone is better.
You poor thing. I hate when we all get the stomach bug. It's the worst! Hope you're all feeling better.
so yeah...your Dad was pretty much the last man standing around here. He was the only one that didn't get sick. Your siblings recovered within 24 hours..but Grandma and I took a couple of days to get back into life. No problem, though. We're all good now.
thanks for letting us use your wonderful house. give the boys a hug from grandma!
How lucky you are to have had so much family over (that you could share with:) It would have been nice to be there. Although with what happened there can be good things about living 3 states away!
Hey! So I found this one day while I was subbing, and I totally thought of you! Go to www.reallygoodstuff.com and then at the top there is a thing where you can type in the product number (156454AV)... it's like a clock thing that you can put all the different things that happen at the different times of day for Wes- I remember talking to you about it a while ago and I finally found one that I can show you! It has like 10 different slots or what not, and then what the clock should look like when it's time for that activity, and then I was thinking you could just put a real clock next to it and he can see when the real clock matches the clock on the picture- it's time for that. Anyway- this site has TONS of, well, really good stuff :) Like Calendar time ideas and all that.
Anyway- I'm happy that you guys are all better! :)
Sorry you all got sick. Seems like it's a rollercoaster when one gets sick then everyone gets sick. Things I get to look forward to. I am just dealing with Danielle wanted to hold, well lay, on Nicole. They are really cute together and I can't wait for them to start playing together. Hope you are all better. Miss seeing you. Did you go to PC alumni game?
That sounds awful! You guys are troopers to make it through it all! We had a similar experience last Christmas when all of Conan's family came to stay with us and we gave them quite a unique gift...10+ people received it all thanks to us and we all had to be sick together!! I think they still love us though:) The wii fit sounds fun! I want to get something I like to play on the wii. Let me know how it is!!
Post a Comment