"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kids say the darndest things...

Our boys never cease to amaze us. Wesly has been quite the character latetly.

On the way home from Sam's Club one day:

Wesly: "Mom, what is that guy doing?"
Me: "He is asking for money because he is hungry."
Wesly: "We should give him some money."
Me: "We don't have any money to give him."
Wesly: "But we can go to the bank, Mom, the bank has money."
Chris: "So, we can just go to the bank and get money?"
Wesly: "Yes"
Chris: "So why doesn't that man go to the bank and get some money?"
Wesly: "Because he doesn't have a car DAD."

Almost one week later, Chris takes Wesly and Travis to a grocery store:
Wesly: "We should buy some food and give it to that guy Dad."

HE NEVER FORGETS ANYTHING!

NEXT SCENARIO-
Chris and I out front pulling weeds, garage door open, boys playing in van with van doors open.
Wesly pushes the garage door opener/closer that is in the car, which would then lock Chris and I out completely. I run to the Garage door and make it stop and walk up to the van:

Me: "ALRIGHT, YOU TWO HAVE LOST YOUR PRIVILEGES, GET OUT OF THE CAR NOW!"
Wesly stomping out of the garage to find Chris:
"DAD, Mommy says we lost our purple juice! Now we can't have our purple juice!" :(



5 comments:

Meghan Carbonneau said...

Wow! Having Wes as your kid must make life extremely interesting!!! I love the things I hear him say and he says them like a grown up!

Jennifer said...

So cute. Makes perfect sense that you need a car to get money from the bank!

The 5 Nelsons said...

Hee, hee. Out of the mouths of babes! Found your blog thru Danielle's too, and just saw your comment on my sad attempt at starting a blog. We should definitely get the boys together to play soon. They'll have a blast! :-)

Pike's Place said...

Katie! We found your link on Jessy's blog. I'll have to check in every once in a while to find out what you guys are up to. Just wanted to say "hi."

-Lisa and Jer Pike

Pike's Place said...

p.s. Jayce is at that entertaining stage, too. He and Wes will need to be buds at the next reunion as I'm sure hilarity will ensue. :)