Nathan turned 9 months on 8.21.08 I started this post that day, but now a week later, I can maybe finish it. :)
Nathan is coming up with new activities everyday. On our trip to Las Vegas this last weekend he decided clicking his tongue was fun to do. He can get very focused on something he wants to do and is very persistent to get what he wants. Every night when we read to the older boys Nathan crawls in their room trying to get the night light and the floor fan, then he likes to touch the outlets we remove them from to try to distract him.
He has discovered the cupboards have amazing things in them, particularly the game cupboard and the pots and pans cupboards.
He pushed a walking toy at my cousin's house and was practically running with it! (walking here he comes!)
Also, about 2 days after he turned nine months he cut his first two teeth (of course he was fussier than usual in the car drive home from Vegas, and that's when we discovered them. Nice. One is a bottom front tooth, and the other is his top left fang, not front tooth at all.
Nathan can out eat just about anyone. Don't let him fool you, not having teeth for 9 months didn't slow him down. He loves pizza crust, graham crackers, bread of any type. He loves all the rice and oatmeal cereals, plus a jar or two of veggies, or a fruit at one sitting. He has had mac and cheese once and loved it, I think we let him eat spaghetti once too, and of course no turning this kid's nose up. He devours cheerios and any other hard cereal.
He really likes to chew on door stops...the metal piece, hopefully already missing the white rubbery part, he pulls them off the wall after playing them as a musical instument for a while.
He also definitely knows his name, I'll say Nathan, or Naters, NO! and he comes crawling to me usually leaving the dog dish behind or the plug still in the wall.
He used to grunt for anything that looked good to eat or play with, lately he scrunches up his nose and breathes really fast in and out to let you know he wants whatever he is looking at.
Unlike his oldest brother Wesly, Nathan sleeps through the night. He has since he was very little. Last night I took him to bed about 8:30pm. I set him in his crib, he laid flat on his back looking up at me. I sang to him for a minute, and lightly touched his face and arms, and said goodnight, I walked out closing the door and heard NOTHING until 7 this morning. He is SUCH a good baby!!
We love our Naters!
I noticed today I made a post a month ago and I never published it. So here it is...from 7-24-08
So, I started a post about Nathan being 8 months and I wanted to put a picture with it, but I got too busy. Since Monday Nathan has been pushing his boundaries each day.
Monday (7.21.08) was the dog dish.
Tuesday (7.22.08) he climbed up two stairs and then fell down them.
Wednesday (7.23.08) he pulled him self up to standing using a chair, and then pulled it down on top of him.
Thursday (7.24.08) I caught him twice with small shiny objects in his mouth (button and a penny).
Tomorrow we will see what we have in store.
A few funny Wesly stories from our California Vacation.
When the boys use the bathroom, they usually get treats. A few common treats include gummy bears, or gummy worms, cookies, etc...
My Dad's cousin, Danny Lee, wanted a cookie like he saw everyone else eating. Wesly told him he had to go potty first. He said okay, he could do that. My Dad's cousin isn't exactly poty training age. good sport.
Wesly has been watching the ZULA patrol. It is a very science oriented show. So he has really been into telescopes lately and I told him we would get to look at one when we met up with my brother Kenny. So, then he kept asking when we would see Uncle Kenny because he couldn't wait to see astronauts on the moon.
Uncle Kenny came through and brought his telescope to California with him and we were able to look at Jupiter and the Moon. No Astronauts in view, but Wesly was fully satisfied.
Travis and Wesly were watching Clifford the other day, Clifford the big Red dog. Emily put a crown on Clifford at one point and Wesly said, "Crowns are for girls." I said no, Kings were crowns, and Kings are boys.
Later that day Travis came up to me and he had put a pair of underwear on his head. I asked him what was on his head and he said, "It's my crown."
This Year's Wrap Up
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment