Nathan turned one on November 21, 2008. Wow, time sure does fly!
We had a busy day that day.
Nathan got his first haircut and now he looks so grown up!
Bye Bye curls!
Before:

After:


He got a forward facing car seat for his birthday (yeah for Mommy! He ways about 25 lbs and that is not the lightest load to haul in a car seat!)
We had a soccer game that night (Chris and I) so afterwards we went to Sonic to celebrate and stuck a candle in a cup of ice cream. I felt bad it wasn't much more elaborate, but Grandma Carbonneau was there and Aunt Elizabeth, Uncle Daryn, and cousin Rebekah were able to come. He LOVED his icecream (even if it was really cold outside). And the boys all had a great time!

Brothers to the rescue to blow out the candle for Naters.
Yummy!
Trav hamming it up on a table stage. Saying neener neener to Liz and Daryn.
Nathan has his one year appointment in a few days. I can't wait to see where he is on the charts.
In the last month Nathan has started walking full time. He sure does love to be big. I still can't keep a gate in his way, he climbs over or throws it down with his weight. He is VERY determined and hasthe strongest grip!! It takes two hands to get anything from him!
Nathan is the biggest cuddle bug ever. He gives the best hugs, to EVERYONE! Even when I drop him off at someone's house when I have to go to the doctor or out with Chris. I hand him over and he will hug them! He is a mamma's boy however, he really likes for me to be near, but will take anyone else if they hold him, and he can't see me. You just might get stuck holding him the whole time if you are not careful (and he isn't light!)
Nathan loves phones, remotes, phones, computer keyboards, phones, the mouse for the computer..are we seeing a pattern?...and he loves to follow me around and dump whatever I pick up and put away...joy.
Nathan knows what certain noises mean and yells at me to tell me to go take care of it! Whenever the phone rings, beeps or jingles, and when the microwave beeps I always hear an extra HAAAAAAA, or EHHHHHHHH, or MUUHHHHHH! right after.
He loves his food and might eat me out of house and home, breakfast alone is usually a two person meal and we always have to cut him off or he really out eats everyone.
Nathan also loves his brothers. He looks for them as soon as he gets up in the morning and always follows them up stairs or into other rooms. He loves to be outdoors and loves bath time!
He finally fell down the stairs about a week or two ago. He fell pretty far, but I made it there in time to catch him before he hit the tile. It only took once, and that same day he crawled down from top to bottom all by himself when we hadn't ever really seen him go down one step on purpose, let alone the whole flight.
Nathan is a joy in our home and tonight I couldn't stop smiling as I watched him play all by himself with a stick or a spoon and a bowl, he probably already has that imagination going. He is such a doll, we love you Nathan!
Before:
He got a forward facing car seat for his birthday (yeah for Mommy! He ways about 25 lbs and that is not the lightest load to haul in a car seat!)
We had a soccer game that night (Chris and I) so afterwards we went to Sonic to celebrate and stuck a candle in a cup of ice cream. I felt bad it wasn't much more elaborate, but Grandma Carbonneau was there and Aunt Elizabeth, Uncle Daryn, and cousin Rebekah were able to come. He LOVED his icecream (even if it was really cold outside). And the boys all had a great time!
Nathan has his one year appointment in a few days. I can't wait to see where he is on the charts.
In the last month Nathan has started walking full time. He sure does love to be big. I still can't keep a gate in his way, he climbs over or throws it down with his weight. He is VERY determined and hasthe strongest grip!! It takes two hands to get anything from him!
Nathan is the biggest cuddle bug ever. He gives the best hugs, to EVERYONE! Even when I drop him off at someone's house when I have to go to the doctor or out with Chris. I hand him over and he will hug them! He is a mamma's boy however, he really likes for me to be near, but will take anyone else if they hold him, and he can't see me. You just might get stuck holding him the whole time if you are not careful (and he isn't light!)
Nathan loves phones, remotes, phones, computer keyboards, phones, the mouse for the computer..are we seeing a pattern?...and he loves to follow me around and dump whatever I pick up and put away...joy.
Nathan knows what certain noises mean and yells at me to tell me to go take care of it! Whenever the phone rings, beeps or jingles, and when the microwave beeps I always hear an extra HAAAAAAA, or EHHHHHHHH, or MUUHHHHHH! right after.
He loves his food and might eat me out of house and home, breakfast alone is usually a two person meal and we always have to cut him off or he really out eats everyone.
Nathan also loves his brothers. He looks for them as soon as he gets up in the morning and always follows them up stairs or into other rooms. He loves to be outdoors and loves bath time!
He finally fell down the stairs about a week or two ago. He fell pretty far, but I made it there in time to catch him before he hit the tile. It only took once, and that same day he crawled down from top to bottom all by himself when we hadn't ever really seen him go down one step on purpose, let alone the whole flight.
Nathan is a joy in our home and tonight I couldn't stop smiling as I watched him play all by himself with a stick or a spoon and a bowl, he probably already has that imagination going. He is such a doll, we love you Nathan!


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Nathan. I had to cut off Christian's curls too around that age. He is such a big boy now!!
Post a Comment