"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning I got to enjoy some waffles with my family. Chris made breakfast for everyone and I threw in a yummy smoothie.
I bought a lot of blackberries from Sprouts this week so I wanted to use them up. I made a blackberry topping for the waffles as well. NATHAN loved them so much he was covered in red sauce. I wish I had my camera out, I thought about it several times, but just wanted to enjoy the morning and not hassle everyone.

My smoothie:
Pour some Blue Powerade in the bottom of the blender, about 1/2 cup
add a full yogurt cup (we made 2 first was Strawberry, I liked that one, then we made it with Cherry, works, but I didn't like it as much)
add 8-10 ice cubes
add some blackberries.
Blend and enjoy!
Some might want to add some sugar (1/4 cup) or some vanilla even. I thought about adding some banana too... maybe next time.
anyhow, it was good, Chris didn't like all the seeds, but the boys seemed to like it.

Chris and the boys bought me some fun stuff. I got a MAGNA CART (collapsible hand truck) for my computer. I take my computer to class every week and for the last 2 months I have had to have someone from the Apple Store come out and carry it for me. BUT now I can handle things myself again! They also got me a lens hood for my camera, very nice!

After church we were able to enjoy a nice dinner at a homecoming for our bishop's son. Wesly was SO excited to meet Ryan (the RM) and ask him what his favorite part of his mission was (the people of course) and before we got there Wesly asked what kind of car Ryan took on his mission...interesting. We explained that he didn't take a car... I have a feeling the boys are going to LOVE writing to their Uncle Ammon, who just got called to the Canada Toronto East mission (KOREAN SPEAKING!). This will be the first missionary from our family that they will remember being on a mission and I think it is going to be a learning experience for them. CONGRATS UNCLE AMMON we are so proud of you! Thanks for being a good example to all of us!

Oh the most interesting gift was a car Wesly made in Joy School. It was a fill in the blank card:
Happy is what I feel when my Mother: Smiles
Her Hands: are dry and give me hugs.
She's funny when she: laughs and jumps on the trampoline
I love her because: she does good things.
-Wes

Okay Autumn (the teacher for joy school this last week), I don't know if he came up with the dry hands things on his own or not...but I almost went out and bought a new lotion set because it gave me a complex...lol ;) j/k
I would have loved to have seen the kids come up with these answers, thanks for helping them do this!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Mother's Date, Kati!

Doug Pike said...

Yes, Happy Mother's day to you Beautiful! I sure love reading about those charecters you call children. Have you thought that by "dry" he meant warm and inviting?

Love you
Dad

Autumn said...

I wrote down on each of the kids cards, EXACTLY what they said. And none of them heard each others answers, because I did it with them one by one while the others played. So his inspiration? His own knowledge. :)
However, I wouldn't be too paranoid. He is only 4.