"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Friday, May 8, 2009

Lots of goings on.

Some things that have happened this last week.

Wesly saying our nightly family prayer a few days ago: "...and please bless that the aliens won't come and take us away."

Mom and Travis talking while Travis is potty training (again):
Mom: Travis, did you wet on the floor?
Travis: No.....(pause)...I wet on a lot of things! (books, vhs tape, chair, etc...)

Tuesday May 5th, my sister-in-law Aprilynne Pike had her first book released. It is called Wings. It is a very good book. It will be a series of 4 books and I highly suggest you pick one up! Borders has it, I think Barnes and Noble does too. You can also order it through Amazon. My sister Elizabeth and I drove up to Tempe for Aprilynne's first book signing at Changing Hands Bookstore and took a few of the kids with us. We got to see lots of family members and introduce Brelee to some of them. Thanks for coming with me Liz! I stole this pic of my MIL's blog (I always forget you have one, I need to add it to my sidebar! THANKS!)

Some of us Pike's: Brittany, Naters, My Mom, Aprilynne, Brelee, Me, Elizabeth,
(in front) Micaela holding Rebekah.

Tusday was also Wesly and Travis' last day of soccer. Wesly had a GREAT COACH! It made ALL the difference. Travis had other kids on the team who were not interested, so he wasn't interested, AND it literally HURT HIM to WEAR PURPLE. Or so he says. Wesly had an orange t-shirt for his team and Travis, of all people, got PURPLE. He is EXTREMELY ANTI GIRL EVERYTHING. If it looks like a girl should have it, he wants nothing to do with it. It was a fight to get him to finish the season. The last two days I let him wear a different color shirt just to get him to stop crying and go to soccer. (pics to come)

Other fun news. Every year I do a highlight video for the Phoenix College Softball team. This year for the first time...I got it finished EARLY!!! I delivered it Tuesday and it wasn't due until Friday!! woohoo!

Also, Brelee slept almost 8 hrs last night! SWEET!!
(too bad Wesly got me up, but at least she stayed asleep!)

Nathan has also finally come back to his old self. He was teething and sick when Brelee arrived and had a rough time. But recently he has a few new words...drink, and NO!, and does the actions for "Popcorn Popping". super cute! (today, 5/9/09 he learned STINKY...lol he had a lot of STINKY diapers today.)

Chris has been up to lots of new things lately as well...He is out at a Father's and Son's campout with Wes AND Trav right now (Trav almost had to stay home) and we'll see how THAT adventure went tomorrow. AND Chris has now lost 30 pounds since the end of January! Last Sunday at church one person said they thought I had a new boyfriend. He looks great and has worked hard to earn it. (I certainly am not helping...chocolate everyday and lots of carbs...Isn'ty what is working(oh wait, that is what I eat)) Chris has been running 2-5 miles every other day!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Wesley is so funny. He always reminds me of another little boy I know with his imagination and vocabulary! I love the aliens part. So Congrats to Chris. That is a big accomplishment! I bet it feels good to be in better shape. I need to work on my runs too!:)

Stephanie said...

I love what your kids come up with! Too funny! Boy have you been busy!

Rachel said...

Wow awesome for Chris! I love your boys they make me laugh so hard whenever you post what they say.