"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dec 10th Tucson Marathon/1 mile race

we love the chance to race! and even holding a race on UofA campus couldn't keep us from a day of fun. ;)
The kids got to participate in a 1 mile race encouraging kids to get out and be healthy. There were other races going on as well, 5k, 10k and marathon. There were a lot of activities on the campus mall to participate in and lots of yummy snacks for after the race.
The thing that impressed me the most was that Wesly ran the entire way. I think Travis came close to doing it as well. Had Chris not asked Wesly to slow down to keep everyone together, I think Wesly would have finished way faster. I am very excited to see the kids improving as we sign up for more races. Nathan and Brelee had fun racing and then riding in the stroller, and the racing whenever they wanted again.

We were lucky to meet up with our friends, the Glauser's, and race with them. We wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the activities and company. We left very quickly after the race to meet Grandma and Grandpa Pike for a quick lunch in Phoenix. They were in the valley for a short trip and we were luck to spend a few hours with them that day!
Pre race origami folding
The Carbonneau kiddos, pre race

At the start line, Go devils!


Travis and Daddy
Wesly
Nathan giving high-5 to the carrot, Brelee steering CLEAR of the upcoming COW, she was so worried about that thing!




Chris has some fun photos on his phone of the younger kids and I crossing the finish line. The carrot and pepper and cow were very eager to help us out, and Brelee was not happy about it...I'll have to track down those photos.

No comments: