Chris worked extremely hard this year to participate in El Tour De Tucson. It is an 111 mile bike race. We are so proud of him. We followed him around all day and I can't believe out of the 6 hours we were chasing him, we could only find him 3 times. Then again, I am extremely happy that we DID find him 3 times. He was on track to easily finish under 6 hours...apparently he was physically drained with about 14 or 15 miles to go and those last few miles took the longest of any. He finished under 6 1/2 hours and we were happy to greet him at the finish line.
To make things even more exciting, Chris' Dad joined him on the race, so we got to cheer for both of them! I am pretty sure that it was one of the easier races his Dad has done, but I know he helped Chris out a ton, and I know Chris looks forward to a lot more races in the future with his Dad.

Headed out the door at some crazy early time in the morning to get in line for the big ra
The first place we found him, just east of La Encantada Mall off skyline and really far east...not sure where we stopped, but we found a parking lot, pulled over got out to set up and before we even got to the corner we saw them coming, paused, took some pictures and cheered!! and then jumped back in the car to head to Tangerine and i-10, not far from home.
Third place we headed to was the finish line...
The kids had some funny ways of entertaining themselves while we waited for Dad. Brelee was fully of energy (see screaming picture) and of course wound up tied up with caution tape too.





No comments:
Post a Comment