Proud big sister


Nathan is quite the busy body. Today we had a really fun time playing outside. I pulled weeds for 3 hours while the boys drew on the block wall with chalk, played in the dirt, climbed on the dog kennel, and hung out eating snacks while I tried to finish one section before lunch time. I wore them out a little too much and unfortunately the big boys didn't want to take naps...so at dinner...

they were a little sleepy. I had to wake them up because 6pm was just too early to try to put them in bed. They were so grouchy. I gave them baths while they screamed and cried at me and put them in bed by 7pm. So then I got to hang out with this adorable trouble maker and had a lot of laughs playing catch, driving cars, sharing chocolate, reading books, playing with the remote, and wrestling while he belly laughed cause he was so tired. Thanks for the fun night Naters.
Things for me to remember about this time for Nathan:He is growing SO FAST. He unloads the dishwasher (hands me every item and I put them where they go), he clears his plate (insisting on scraping it in the trash first like his brothers), he has to use silverware (if he doesn't have a fork, he waits to eat), he pushed away his chair with the booster seat and got himself a chair w/o a booster seat today (forget about using a highchair), he wants to get his own drinks (as seen in picture above), and he takes his medicine like it's candy (he even lays down nicely to get eye drops while I wrestle his older brothers to sit still). Nathan wants to be big, no other way to put it. He likes to climb in his brothers' bed and listen to books being read. He sat with me on the couch tonight and acted like he was comfy watching what I was watching, he had to hold the remote and point it at the tv as well. He usually likes to throw away his diapers, but sometimes he insists that I carry him to the trash (this is ALWAYS followed by a Hi-five! sometimes "pound-it" too) Nathan signs -more and -drink. I tried to teach him candy and cereal (cause HE LOVES THOSE!) and now he signs drink for everything. He has made up his own sign for lotion and he loves to wash his hands and play in the water.



6 comments:
That must ahve been alot of weeds! 3 hours worth!
I love the pictures of the sleeping boys at dinner! How funny!
The picture of the boys sleeping is priceless, especially because you had both of them in the same shot. I know what you are talking about them growing up to fast. Time just flies.
I love the picture of both boys asleep at the table. That doesn't happen very often!
I loved that update of your boys. The picture of Wes and Travis asleep at the table is great, and check out little Nathan getting his own water! What a big guy! Very cute boys you have there. I can't wait to see what their sister will be like.
The picture of them asleep is so adorable!!!!
Post a Comment