This morning we got up to take Chris to the bus stop so I could have a car today. He has a meeting at lunch so he had to take the earliest bus. Which means we get to load the car at 5:30 am. As much as that is frustrating sometimes, I am beginning to enjoy getting the house clean before 9am. The boys are so tired they lay down and watch cartoons or a movie while I make breakfast and are pretty mellow as long as Nathan has something to eat. :) (He MUST have two hollow legs, he eats more than both his older brothers)
The reason we need a car today? I get to meet with the Mayor and hopefully rewrite an ordinance that the Town council just passed. I was going to wait until after our meeting to mention much about it, I just have a lot of hopes to make the ordinance better, and I have no clue what the town officials are willing to negotiate on. I spoke against the ordinance at their last Town Council Meeting, and felt pretty much ingnored until my friend Stephanie used her amazing connections and got us on all the News stations AND interviewed with several papers. When the media started talking the Mayor set up a meeting with us. huh, funny. :)
I'll revise this post to let you know how it went!
Other updates...Wesly is so inquisitive, if you haven't noticed. he always picks words apart and wants to know why the word pump is in pumpkin, or rain in rain forrest, etc... Yesterday during sacrament meeting at church Wesly leans over to me and says:
W: Mom? What does Optimist mean?
Me: (Thinking I really DID NOT hear the speaker just use that word, where did he come up with this word?) It means someone who thinks good thoughts, and tries to do good things and not think about the bad.
W: You mean like Optimus Prime?
Me: (OH! that is the word you mean, OPTIMUS not OPTIMIST) Oh, yeah, well I guess Optimus Prime tries to do good right?
W: Yeah.
CLEARLY his mind was not on the speaker at the moment. :) FYI, for those of you who do not yet speak TRANSFORMER, Wikipedia says: Optimus Prime is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Transformers universes.[1] He is the leader of the heroic Autobots.
Travis always has to be the bad guy or the side kick. He loves to be Bumblebee (the good side kick), OR Magatron, Megatron is a character from the Transformers. He is the evil leader of the Decepticons and the primary antagonist of the series.
Can you tell what we have been playing lately? They love it so much they will even play with pictures I have printed off for them and they requested I turn them into puppets. :) Very creative boys here.
oh yeah, and happy 100th post to me. I just noticed!
HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY!!
This Year's Wrap Up
2 years ago


5 comments:
Man boys are so different from girls. Shayne tries to get the girls interested in Star Wars, but Darth Vader just ends up getting a diaper change and his hair done. I'm so amazed that they simply come the way they come.
100 oo 94?
That is so clever of Wesly. I love it when kids are so observant!
Gotta love how kids think. What cuties you have Kati! It was fun seeing you and your bump at the zoo. Congrats again on being prego! Glad you could meet Ethan. :)
Kati,
I just wanted to thank you for your diligence and hard work in helping change the ordinance. You are amazing and I'm so impressed with you. So many of us (including myself) just sit back and rely on other's to make a difference, where YOU actually DID. Thank you, thank you. I hope you know that I appreciate it and am grateful for your persistence and hard work. You are awesome!
I'm curious to hear what this ordinance is all about?
Post a Comment