"Where are we going Mom?" "Crazy, wanna come?"

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Joys of Pregnancy

this week has been interesting. and it is BARELY WEDNESDAY, HAH!

My friend Stephanie and I met with the Mayor on Monday. Also at this meeting was the chief of police, two other town council members, and a lady representing the town attorney (i think).
We had a successful meeting as far as changing the majority of our concerns with the new ordinance. They took our suggestions back to the committee that started the ordinance (the Police citizen advisory committee) and thankfully Stephanie was able to make it to that meeting as well and explain to them again what we explained in our first meeting. They agreed again, and last night I followed up by going to another town council meeting last night to watch them vote to revisit the ordinance in March and vote on the new wording. I spoke with a few members of the council and I feel really good that they will pass the ordinance as we asked them to change it.

On to the title of this post...in our first meeting, I had one of those MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS. Well, I am sure it could have been worse, my water didn't break or anything. I just got frustrated at one point and STARTED SOBBING. The tears started and I couldn't hold them back. Someone asked if they had offended me and I told them I was just pregnant and they didn't understand what I had tried to explain. I wasn't trying to get them to feel sorry for me. BUT they were very nice after that...lol. Most of them were VERY nice before that as well, it is just frustrating how my emotions CANNOT STAY UNDER CONTROL! Good ole baby.

THEN the last few days I have been craving chocolate like CRAZY!! Friday night Chris took me out on a date and for dessert we didn't order any, instead we went to the mall and bought some See's candies. YUMMY.
Apparently it isn't a one time craving, I have been opening the cupboards a zillion times a day to look for chocolate that I KNOW is not there. I told Chris a few times that day I wanted chocolate. SO, when he came home he was carrying this....

Some super melt in your mouth Lindor TRUFFLES. It made my day, I was VERY HAPPY! Thanks babe!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kati, thank you for bringing all of this to our attention. I would have never known about it with out you picking up the phone and calling me. Thank you for all the help and support and time you put into getting the wording changed! With 3 little ones, I know it had to be hard. Today I'm playing catch up on everything that hit the side burner over the last week. I hope you are able to catch up as well! Love ya lots!

mama cow said...

Hey I know what you mean about that chocolate! My best friend has been a tub of "Chocolate Enrobed Caramel Macadamia Nut Clusters" 105 calories in each loving cluster. I can eat like 10 of them a day if I am not careful. But they keep me sane during the day.

Kyle and Alli said...

lol I really appreciate your crying story because when I was pregnant it seemed like I started crying over anything. I left the house one day and Zeus wasn't sad I left and I cried... those pregnancy hormones are hardcore! lol

Elizabeth said...

The worst timing for me was always getting into the car and listening to anything even remotely heart warming on the radio. Sure, I was alone, but I was DRIVING! Tears are so bad when you're driving!

Yay for Chris and a bag of chocolates! :)

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Yeah, I understand those joys of pregnancy! Sounds like you and Steph did great.

Katie said...

Pregnancy is so fun!!! I cried watching the Incredibles the other day...pregnancy makes me cry at everything! And chocolate is a must have too.

Liz said...

Ok so I can relate... as it seems like all the pregnant (or once pregnant) girls commenting here can!
You go girl!